New iPad 2 is Faster, with Better Graphics, Front, and Rear Cameras, Dual-Core A5 Processer Available March, 11
|Courtesy of Apple|
The shiny new device will ship in America on March 11 for both AT&T, and Verizon. And will ship in the following countries on March 25:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK
Pricing will start at: $499 - 16 gig Wifi, $599 – 32 gig Wifi, and $699 - 64 gig Wifi. As well as $629 – 16 gig Wifi/3G, $729 – 322 gig Wifi/3G, and $829 – 64 gig Wifi/3G.
The all-new graphics chip offers 9 times the power of the former chip, making for much better gameplay, and snappier Apps. Specs at a glance:
- Colors - Black or White
- Front camera - video, VGA at 30 fps. and rear camera - HD 720p at 30 fps
- Battery life of 10 hours, with 1 month on standby
- HDMI out (with $39.00 cable) HDMI video mirroring to an HDTV (with optional adapter)
- iOS 4.3
- Personal Hotspot (only for iPhone 4 users) share your 3G connection via Wifi
- Can directly upload videos to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, or CNN iReport
- The new iPad 2 can stream 9 live feeds simultaneously via PhotoBooth.
Apple also offers a new Smart Cover which wakes your iPad 2 when you open it, and puts it to sleep when you close it. The new cover uses magnets to auto-align it perfectly on your new iPad 2. Smart Covers are available in leather or polyurethane – ”the stuff space suits are made of,” in 5 colors with the polyurethane covers at $39 each, while the leather covers are $69 each.
The new iPad 2 represents a huge leap over the original iPad, with much better features, specs, and iPad 2 accessories than the former, and pricing that can't be beat. With this announcement, Apple annihilates the competition, and makes iPad 2 the tablet to beat. Will you be upgrading to the new iPad 2? do you think it's the best tablet of 2011? leave your response in the comments section below.